Wednesday, August 20, 2008

when i saw this tomato hornworm with parasitic wasp eggs on it, i thought it was the most cool/disgusting thing i ever saw in our backyard.  then we saw the squirrel with a dead chipmunk in its mouth.  and i thought that was the most cool/disgusting thing i had ever seen in our backyard.  and then i saw the dead hornworm after the parasitic wasps had eaten out its insides and flown away.  i should have a picture of that soon.  

2 comments:

stranger in the night said...

Thanks for sharing the cool nature photo and other outside observations. I'll be recording nature observations on another blog (M & M Greenhouse Gazette) when I have the time and inclination to do so. What kind of camera, magnification and extra lenses did you use for your tomato photo?

I heard from a casual biker last night that he spotted 3 deer munching on my trees and shrubs around 6:30pm. If only the deer would eat the plants that I approved...

whybrary said...

thanks for the comment stranger. i just used my Canon digital Elph- it's only a $100 or $200 camera but it always takes nice pictures. i just use the zoom that is built into the camera.

good luck with your deer.

Blog Archive